Client:Anytime Fitness Stroud
What we provided:Project & Commercial Management of refurbishment and fit out of fitness centre
With more than 3,000 gyms, Anytime Fitness is the largest franchise gym business in the world.
Adam Phillips bought into the franchise and in 2015 opened the 3000th Anytime Fitness gym in Stroud, located in the heart of the town in an empty unit at Merrywalks Shopping Centre, adjacent to a multiplex cinema. The unit needed a first floor extension and bridge link to the neighbouring multi story car park as well as a complete refurbishment.
Our role in the project
Project and cost management
- Interviewing potential contractors for the project
- Selecting contractors and preparing the JCT contract for the works
- Monthly contract meetings, project managing the works and regularly visiting the site
- Liaising with other specialist contractors employed by the client to provide AFT approved gym equipment and systems
- Appointing a leisure development specialist to ensure thee acoustic specification between the gym and the neighbouring cinema was correct and then addressing any issues
- Negotiating the contract sum with the contractor and providing monthly valuations and payment recommendations to the client
The project was completed successfully, on time and on budget.