Vitruvius acted as ‘Employers Agent’ for the construction of retail and commercial units. Their role included construction and cost management, facilitating the delivery, handover and inspection services on behalf of the client.
Gloucester Place dates back to 1834 and in the 1800’s adjacent Sherborne Place was used as a market garden and then later in the 1930’s, as an athletics ground. More recent occupants of the site included Trainers Car Sales and Haines & Strange car showroom.
A number of existing uses had resulted in a poor quality environment affecting both residents and users and limiting the attraction to new businesses looking to locate close to the Central Shopping Area.
As well as opening up new commercial opportunities, the new development also delivers prime residential space in the centre of town.